Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Sexist's 'N' Word

WARNING: CONTAINS "ADULT" LANGUAGE


I recognize the hypocrite in me.

Allowed myself to use the word "bitch" because I thought I was grown.

I thought it was cute.

It'd make me appear sassy. Spicy. Don't fuck with me.

But "bitch" has stripped me of the very thing I had longed to become;

The very thing that was robbed of me

When I was young and the boys used to tease me.

"Bitch" stripped me of my femininity; my womanliness.

So why was I using this word to perpetuate the same upon the next queen?

Because I was ignorant.

I will not use that word to describe the next human female,

Even if she chooses to dress provocatively

Or behaves out of character with what I associate the word "woman" with.

Calling another female a "bitch", a "whore", or a "slut"

It becomes more than just a word

When the intent behind the word is meant to rob her of her womanliness.

If I say I love humankind, my words will be loving,

Contributing toward uplifting women of all walks of life,

Even to their highest potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment