Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Life (Emotions)

I'm tired of the rat race; the paper chase

Am I selfish for the thought of not wanting to be here?
Unable to overcome my fears?
Too afraid because I have to find a reason to keep on going
I'm running out and the signs are showing
My mind playing tricks on me, this life is an illusion
To exit quickly or slowly is the only conclusion
I draw, like from a deck of cards I must choose
A reality to pursue, either way I lose
Some days it feels like Hell on Earth
Perhaps I'm dead and already there, for what it's worth
The only thing that is keeping me connected to this world
are my feelings.
If I didn't have them then I could truly be free.
Cause life is a trip and this part of the ride I don't seem to enjoy.
Because I'm amazed and horrified by the things I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment