Tuesday, April 10, 2012

All of the Lights

It's funny how it seems that as soon as I turned 30, all sorts of light bulbs have popped off. It's as if the universe has granted me an all-access pass into mental clarity. Whatever it is, I like it. Being 30 is great!!!

1) Reflecting...I spent my 20s tryna find what I thought was "love." But really, all I was chasin' was romance. Big difference. My 30s is all about lovin' me. Pure love is beautiful. "Romance" is overrated!!!!!!

2) Lesson realized: Time is as money. When we are young, we have plenty of time. And there are some people on which we SPEND time, and others on which we INVEST. It is critical that we realize the difference early on.

3) Sometimes what we assume to be "natural" or "unnatural" is really just part of a social construct.

4) A gallon of water a day + 5 servings of fruits/veggies a day + 8-10 hours of sleep + 3x week/30-mins exercise + daily prayer/meditation = keeps the doctor away :)

Speaking of sleep...my bed is calling me. That's all for now!!! xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment