Saturday, August 17, 2013

The Kiss of Death

I died three times by the wiles of Scorpio,
The prince of betrayal
His heart, a shadow of darkness

I surmised he was a factory of confection
Cloaked in subtleties and gentle affection
He opened his bed, I opened my purse
I offered my heart, he unleashed his curse
Six hundred sixty slashes, carried away in a hearse
Old friend as an accomplice, to make matters worse

His second coming himself made manifest as black widow
Kissed his tears away as he wept on my pillow
But HIS kisses literally stole the breath from my lungs…
I died from suffocation
Narcissist falsification
Fanciful promises of a high life strung out like a user
I was his drug and he was my abuser
The piper he pied
He lied! How he lied!
The sniper he shot
I died! I died!
Could not escape for my own protection

The third: death by lethal injection
T’was as a gazelle grazing fields unaware
Once more the object of Scorpion’s stare
We meet again prince, third time’s a charm!
From subconscious love to aroused in his arms
The heat of his seductive toffee lips melting mine
The venom of his tail penetrating my spine…

Far below the surface of his frozen ice
Flows a river that knows no bounds
A space in him that’d never been touched
A vulnerability I found
Upon his discovery of my intuitive reverie
Cast out the ice kingdom was I
Laid out in shame, myself to blame
Alone in the courtyard, I died

Regenerated myself as a phoenix can
Wary of the kiss of the Scorpion man
Betrayed me thrice, shan’t give another chance
To be back ‘round for another dance
Yet karmic twined lovers are he and I
His kiss of death births my next life

No comments:

Post a Comment